Commins Hendricks SolicitorsCommins Hendricks Solicitors
1800 643 779

News & Community

If you and your former partner have children, either of you may be entitled to receive a payment of child support from the other party.

The payment of child support is administered by the Department of Human Services. Your first contact regarding child support should be directed to the Department, contact telephone number 131 272 or online at Services Australia – Raising kids and Services Australia – Seperated Parents.

Should you have any problems in dealing the Department, or should you wish to appeal a decision made by the Department, please contact our office.

There are certain circumstances, often involving a property settlement, when you and your partner may wish to agree to a payment of child support, which is different from what the Department of Human Services has assessed.

For that agreement to be binding you are both required to obtain independent legal advice – we can assist you in that regard.

For further assistance please contact the Family Law Department on 02 6933 6950.


Essential Considerations for Will Preparation

08 May 2024
More Information >

Navigating Change – Insights into changes to the Family Law Amendment Act 2023

22 Apr 2024
More Information >

The Bank of Mum and Dad

23 Jan 2024
More Information >

Resolving and Mitigating Property Disputes: A Path to Clarity and Fairness

16 Nov 2023
More Information >

Navigating Firearm Laws: A Farmer’s Guide to Responsible Ownership and Compliance

16 Oct 2023
More Information >

Powers of Attorney & Guardianship

24 Sep 2023
More Information >

Protecting Your Future: The Critical Role of Legal Advice When Relationships End

06 Sep 2023
More Information >

Obstetric Trauma – The Alarming Epidemic

31 Aug 2023
More Information >

We are excited to bring Free Legal Clinics to the Griffith Community

19 Jul 2023
More Information >
1 2 3 4 5 6 7


Kurrajong Waratah image 2018

Kurrajong Waratah Race Day

More Information >