fbpx Property Settlement | CHLAW

Property Settlement

When you and your de facto partner or spouse separate, it may be beneficial to enter into a property settlement with your partner.

There are numerous considerations to be had in determining your entitlement in any property settlement. For that purpose, we suggest you obtain legal advice before entering into any settlement.

We can assist you in negotiating a settlement with your former partner by consent. If that is not possible, we are able to represent you in Court proceedings to seek such a settlement.

A property settlement is separate and distinct from a divorce and parenting matters.

For further assistance please refer to our Plain English Guides, or contact our Family Law Department on 6933 6950.

Tara Freeburn

Laura Butkowski