Choosing the right business structure and insurance options for your circumstances is crucial to the success of your enterprise and for your taxation and asset protection.
Our Commercial Law team has the expertise and experience in providing advice on range of matters, such as establishing companies, business trusts, business partnerships, and “buy ins, buy outs”, key party insurance and risk management.
Trusts are a functional option which should be considered when setting up or restructuring your business. We recognise the importance of providing direction to our clients, pointing out the advantages and disadvantages of a particular structure based on their circumstances.
Commins Hendriks recommends you have an appropriate business agreement in place to secure your position with other parties involved in your business and with your trading partners.
- A business agreement like a Partnership Agreement or Shareholders Agreement will govern important relationships that can affect the running of your business.
- Buy/Sell Agreements are fundamental to the continuation of a business and would frequently make provision for a business to take out life insurance or income protection for the people involved in the business to protect the remaining partners in the event of the death of someone involved in the business, and for the protection of that person’s family.
Running any business often involves putting your own finances at risk. Deciding what type of insurance your business requires and when it requires it can be difficult.
Commins Hendriks can work with you and your insurance broker to help you minimise the risk and reduce some of the uncertainty associated with protecting your business, especially the key parties within your business.
We can help you with establishing and any difficulties with claims under the following:
- Key man insurance
- Product liability insurance
- Workers compensation insurance
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Personal accident, illness and disability insurance
For more details and assistance, please contact 1800 643 779 or a member of our specialised team.